1. Give up lying. The truth always comes out, and any ill-gotten gains will quickly disappear. People you have tried to hurt are living better lives, and the act you lied about probably didn't make a bit of difference in the big picture of your life.
2. Love is the only thing worth holding on to. Many things can get in the way, like greed, temptation, aging, and illness. But love will make you whole, and nothing else ever will in the same way. No, unfortunately, it doesn't work for everyone, but give it another try( or get a dog).
3. Release negative memories and thoughts. Tell yourself out loud that you don't want to think about this anymore (best to do this while you are alone). Sometimes just hearing your thought spoken out loud can make a huge difference. Give it a try!
4. Give yourself a break. Being overly hard on yourself when you have made a mistake just makes matters worse, because then the mistake takes over your thoughts for the next while. Life is a learning process- please keep that in mind.
5. Know that if your basic necessities are covered, making money should never be the most important thing. If making more money is your main drive, you will hurt yourself and other's in the long run. You will also miss out on a lot of life. You have to seriously ask yourself, "How much is enough?" and learn to be happy with what you have.
6. Recognize that if you enjoy conflict, there is something unhealed inside you. No matter how you express your ire, be it by passive-aggressive behavior, by texting nasty things, or by being a bully, it's toxic for you as well. This is usually a strong indication that you may need some counseling.
7. Find one thing during the day to look forward to (and it cannot be going to bed). Any moment of pleasure will do; you can't live a life with zero happiness, but you may feel you are unless you begin to embrace some of the simple things we tend to take for granted. Such as cooking a meal, exercising, or going out with friends.
8. Take at least one day off a week. And don't bring the office home with you. That million-dollar deal doesn't require your constant attention and neither does the broken dishwasher. Pace yourself and just be. If you have to be doing something constantly, it could be a sign that you are fighting some unhappiness and are avoiding thinking about it.
9. Listen to some music every day. Many people enjoy listening to music in the car. These days, technology has given us much more access to it.
10. Make time for yourself to relax for ten minutes, several times a day. These mini-meditations, or just breathers, actually give you more energy and make life a little easier to take. Many of us have long work days and some days that aren't that easy. A little relaxation can make a huge difference in our lives.
Don't try all of these at once, but if you can integrate one positive behavioral change a week into your lifestyle, things will get nicer very quickly.